Things to Change
- Oil Filter
- Air Filter
- Engine Oil
*Use OEM service manual recommendations
What to check:
– Ensure no dirt or moisture on the turbocharger.
e.g. dust, sand, cleaning solvents etc
– Clean it with recommended solvent.
– Ensure no residual engine oil.
C) Oil feed lines and oil outlet pipe.
– Ensure that pipe is not bent or kinked, and pathway inside the pipe is not obstructed due to carbon deposits and sludge.
-. If the pipes are severely clogged, it is recommended to replace it with a new one.
– Do not apply silicone glue on both inlet and outlet flanges.
D) Engine exhaust manifold
– Check for any distorted surface, apply thin layer of skimming.
– Ensure the manifold mounting flange and studs are in good condition.
– Should you discover cracks or internal breakage, replace it.
E) Oil pressure
– Install the oil pressure gauge on the oil feed line
(Do not install Turbocharger on the engine during this process).
– Check the reading according to the OEM specification
e.g. Cold start, idle and working condition.
What to install:
A) Mount the turbine inlet onto engine manifold.
- Ensure that the turbine inlet gasket fits perfectly to ensure a tight gas seal.
- Tighten all necessary bolts.
B) Secure all remaining connections, tighten all fastenings to the torque
e.g. intercooler piping, oil cooler, exhaust elbow.
Prime some new engine oil into oil inlet.
– Rotate the wheel by hand simultaneously.
Pre-crank the engine at least 3-4 times.
A) Ensure oil pressure is fully achieved until oil flows out from the oil outlet hole.
B) Attach oil pipe drain with gaskets.
– Do not use silicone glue on the oil outlet flange.
Do not accelerate the engine upon initial start-up.
A) Failure to follow this step will cause pre-mature damage on the turbocharger’s bearing system.
B) Let the engine remain idle for at least 5 minutes, check for oil warning light.
C) Check for any abnormal noises and leakages.
It is important to understand the cause of the previous malfunction. This will prevent the same problem from reoccurring, damaging the new unit. In addition, be sure to purchase the correct turbocharger for the particular engine.